Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Welcome - Let's do this!!



Hi! Welcome to my Conquer Hashimoto's (and other wellness topics) blog!  If you choose to follow me, I promise that you will learn a LOT and I will try to to make it fun at the same time. I'm a little nutty and I say it like I mean it! So, there are sure to be some laughs along the way! This blog will have something for everyone...but will definitely offer lots of detailed info on thyroid issues.

My name is Julie. Born in Guam, grew up in Connecticut, and moved to Jersey 25 years ago. No, I don't have a Jersey accent, but I've been told I have a bit of a New England accent.
I was quite a partier when I was younger, coming up in the sex, drugs and rock and roll era of the 70's and 80's. But I still graduated from college ( a couple of times) and had a successful technical career for 25 years now.  In my 20's, my mother became ill and I began studying her conditions and learning all about alternative medicine. I discovered that was my passion in life . I've turned into quite the health geek! I wouldn't say health 'nut' because I'm not perfect. I love to eat and still indulge in things I love, but I have had to give up a few things since I got sick with Hashimoto's disease. I say 'geek' because I'm REALLY into it. I'm like a walking encyclopedia of knowledge. I tend to find out about things that other people haven't heard about. Things 'they' don't tell you on the 5 o'clock (bought and paid for by big pharma and giant companies) news.

How about some TRUTH!?? Yeah and some great news...and no it's not your car insurance savings. How about the cure for cancer? There are several of them! and they don't make you bald or puke your guts out. How about the most amazing foods ever that will make your energy soar!

I have a blog on my Health Coaching website, but I don't like the tool very much, so I thought I'd start a new more focused blog. So here goes!! I hoe you like it. Feel free to drop me a line in the comments! :)   and keep it positive...:)  my immune system doesn't like negative!!


 Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment